Information Regarding Dredging on Lake Conroe
The right to engage in construction, operations of dredging on the Lake Conroe Reservoir or SJRA Land is not an inherent right that comes with the control or ownership of waterfront property. No person shall dredge on Lake Conroe at any time without a proper permit. The permit can be revoked at any time and for any reason deemed necessary. SJRA is under no obligation to maintain a specific level of the Reservoir in order to facilitate the dredging operation.
Permitting my Dredging on Lake Conroe
In order to permit your dredging on Lake Conroe, you will need to submit the following documentation:
- Complete the Dredging Application (fillable form can be found at the bottom of the page). The document must be completed and signed by the homeowner. Signatures by Contractors and Builders will not be accepted.
- A map of the area proposed to be dredged.
- Identify the dredging location.
- Include the longitude and latitude.
- Estimate the total volume of material to be removed and the target depth proposed for the dredging location.
Upon submittal of the above documentation, the Operations Manager will review and determine whether to issue a permit for dredging to the homeowner or builder. Upon receipt of this permit, your contractor can begin dredging.
- All dredging materials must be removed from the reservoir. The dredge material can not be stored in the reservoir bottom, but needs to be hauled away in an approved container or stored on an approved adjacent property. For storage or disposal of the dredged material, agreements with the property owner must be included in the application.
- All dredging operations must be compliant with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers rules and regulations for dredging.
- All necessary permits must also be obtained from the appropriate regulatory agencies.
IMPORTANT: You must have some form of Adobe (ie: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Reader) to electronically fill out and submit the form. If you do not have an Adobe product on your computer and do not wish to download the program, you may print out the form and complete it in written form.
Right click the form, save to your computers, then open the form in Adobe in order to fill it out and submit.
NOTE: SHOULD YOU WISH TO CHANGE OR ADD ADDITIONAL ITEMS, YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT THE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT WITH THAT INFORMATION FOR ADDITIONAL APPROVAL.