Information Regarding Bulkheads on Lake Conroe
The right to engage in construction, placement, operations and maintenance of private bulkhead on the Lake Conroe Reservoir or SJRA Land is not an inherent right that comes with the control or ownership of waterfront property. No person shall construct, operate or maintain a Private bulkhead on Lake Conroe at any time without a proper permit. The permit can be revoked at any time and for any reason deemed necessary. SJRA is under no obligation to maintain a specific level of the Reservoir in order to facilitate the construction or use of a Private Bulkhead.
Permitting my Bulkhead on Lake Conroe
In order to permit your residential bulkhead on Lake Conroe, you will need to submit the following documentation:
- Complete the Bulkhead Application (Bulkhead Application). The document must be completed and signed by the homeowner. Signatures by Contractors and Builders will not be accepted.
- An existing property survey (including metes and bounds) by a Registered Professional Land Surveyor.
- The proposed placement of the structure must be marked on the survey.
- Should the placement be proposed to be located on SJRA property, documentation must be submitted to show homeowner has permission for encroachment of structure.
- Construction Plans for the proposed bulkhead.
- The proposed construction materials should be identified for all structures.
- Placement, of bulkhead related to property lines, must be shown clearly.
Upon submittal of the above documentation, the Operations Manager will review and determine whether to issue a permit for bulkhead construction to the homeowner or builder. Upon receipt of this permit, your contractor can begin construction.
NOTE: SHOULD YOU WISH TO CHANGE THE BULKHEAD OR ADD ADDITIONAL ITEMS, YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT THE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT WITH THAT INFORMATION FOR ADDITIONAL APPROVAL.