REQUIREMENTS FOR OSSF PERMITS
- A site evaluation must be performed to determine
the type of septic system needed. A Registered Sanitarian or
a Professional Engineer can perform these tests. If the type
of soil is determined to be unsuitable for a standard or
conventional system with a drainfield, an alternate system
must be utilized.
- A Registered Sanitarian or a Professional Engineer must
design all Septic Systems.
- When an Aerobic system with spray irrigation is used,
the following must be presented to the San Jacinto River
Authority before a permit can be issed:
- Professional Design
- Site Evaluation (Soil Analysis)
- Two Year Maintenance Agreement (Must be signed by both
the Installer and the homeowner)
- Receipt of an Affidavit to the public filed at the
county clerks office.
- Completed San Jacinto River Authority OSSF Application
(application Must be a person – please do not apply as a
- OSSF Permit Fee is $300.00 (THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS AND NO
Please fill out the application as described below:
(application can be found by visiting the
- Fill in the name, date, mailing address (where you
receive mail), city, state, zip, home phone and work phone
- Fill in the Lot – Block – Section of where the facility
is located. Indicate whether this is an addition to your
current facility. Fill in the lot address (Where the
facility is located).
- Fill in the size of the lot in acres (example: 1 Acre; 2
½ acres) Indicate the square feet (example: 1 acre is 43,560
sq. ft.) Indicate the size of the living area and the number
Please sign the application and return to
the San Jacinto River Authority.
- Names if Registered Sanitarian, Professional
Engineers and Installers are available in the San Jacinto
River Authority office.
- The San Jacinto River Authority will inspect your septic
system after completion.
NOTE: OSSF Permitting Process may
take up to 30 days to approve