Information Regarding On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF) Adjacent to Lake Conroe
OSSFs located within 2,075 feet of the Reservoir are subject to regulation and permitting by SJRA under that certain “Order Adopting Rules for On-Site Sewage Facilities Within 2,075 Feet of Lake Conroe, Texas”, dated December 10, 2015. Sanitation conditions and facilities on the Reservoir and on SJRA Land shall be maintained in compliance applicable laws, rules, regulations and orders of Federal, State and local governmental agencies. Any violation of such laws, rules, regulations and orders shall be a violation of these rules without regard to the issuance of a permit by SJRA.
Permitting my OSSF Adjacent to Lake Conroe (New or Modified)
In order to permit your OSSF, within the jurisdiction of SJRA, you will need to submit the following documentation:
- Complete the New or Modified OSSF Application (OSSF New Application or Modified OSSF Application). The document must be completed and signed by the homeowner. Signatures by Contractors and Builders will not be accepted.
- A Design of the OSSF approved by a Professional Engineer or Registered Sanitarian.
- Soil and Site Analysis stamped by a Registered Site Evaluator.
- Initial Two-Year Maintenance Contract signed by both the installer and the homeowner to be accepted.
- Receipt of an Affidavit to the Public, filed at the Montgomery County Clerk’s office.
- OSSF permit fee of $300.00 (Three Hundred Dollars and No Cents).
Upon submittal of the above documentation, the OSSF Designated Representative will review and determine whether a permit for construction can be issued. Should the OSSF be approved, a construction permit will be issued to the homeowner and your contractor can begin construction.
Once the System is constructed, the installer will contact SJRA for an inspection of the OSSF which must be conducted with the installer on-site. If acceptable for operation, a Designated Representative will provide the installer with a tag which indicates approval for operation of the system. The Designated Representative will also return the inspection form to the Administrative Department and a license will be issued to the homeowner.
Permitting Process Require Up to Thirty (30) Days to Process
NOTE: SHOULD YOU WISH TO CHANGE OR ADD ADDITIONAL CONSTRUCTION ITEMS TO THE PERMIT, YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT THE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT FOR ADDITIONAL APPROVAL.